Master of Environmental Technology
National Green Technology Policy (NGTP) - a driver to accelerate the national economy and promote sustainable development.
Fill up the gap in order to facilitate the growth of the green technology industry and enhance Malaysia’s competitiveness in green technology in the global arena.
Provide an opportunity to local undergraduates to continue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia and at the same time attract foreign students to do their postgraduate studies here.
Based on MQA Programme Standard for Engineering and Engineering Technology (2011)
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO 1: Graduates will be engaged in environmental management, technology research and development for advancement of knowledge and strengthen their capabilities in complex problems solving.
PEO 2: Graduates will utilise state-of-art knowledge and complex problem solving capabilities in their advanced careers.
PEO 3: Graduates will contribute to nation by professional ethical standards and continual involved in the affairs of professional institutions.
PEO 4: Graduates will continue the process of scholarship by adopting lifelong learning and sustainable practice throughout their lives.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate continuing and advanced environmental science and technology knowledge and have the capabilities to further develop or apply its in the multi-disciplinary situations.
2. Conduct an assessment of environmental issues critically with applications of tools, methods and techniques, and able to provide solutions in addressing the environmental issues.
3. Demonstrate multi-skills capabilities, incorporated with managerial knowledge with an in-depth technical background to spearhead entrepreneurship in industry.
4. Conduct in-depth research ethically to build the ability to analyze and further develop new ideas and solutions in practice.
Report technical findings in both written and oral forms in order to contribute to the enrichment of knowledge in the industry. Recognise the importance of professional competency through life-long learning and continuous professional development for technology industry.
Total 40 credit hours
Total 7 core courses, 3 elective courses (30 credit hours) + Project (10 credit hours)
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. a Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
2. a Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
3. a Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
4. any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
The graduates can become:
Consultants for the environmental engineering industries
2. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Consultant
3. Senior/staff/higher management technical career path in the environmental treatment related industries.
4. Officers in national/international environmental related agencies.
5. Academician in college, university or other academic institutes.